Thursday, November 19, 2009

Rain Rain, Go Away...

Here in 316 (this is my dorm room number) we've made it somewhat of a tradition to always play and sing "Rain" by Breaking Benjamin whenever it's raining. It's kind of fun to do, maybe since it's a good song. Without fail, the rain has actually stopped every time. Knock on wood.

As I think about this song more, the more I feel like - in a way - relates with my post from yesterday. The chorus of the song is the old rhyme

"Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day. All the world is waiting on the sun."

Isn't that what we're all waiting for? We want the rain to be gone, and the sun to shine. We want the rough times gone, and let the good times roll.

The bridge in this song goes on to say "To lie here under you is all that I could ever do"
I don't know about you, but I LOVE the imagery that creates, especially in a sort of worship context. In the song, this line refers to the sun, but what if we could relate it to the SON? The son, Jesus Christ, savior of us all. How great will the day be when all we could ever do is lie under the son? How great of a day will it be when we can say that to Him, face to face?

Haste the day Lord.

So, this one is shorter than my last, but oh well. If you haven't heard this song, listen to it (not even for the reasons I said. It's just good in general. Not your typical breaking benjamin either)
I hope what little my words have to offer bless you in some way today.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the lyrics, that did indeed bless me.

    I think it is very cool your room number is 316.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. you blog too?

    I just recently made one as well :)

    Good stuff bro!

    ReplyDelete