Thursday, April 8, 2010

Really Just One of a Kind: Joseph Freeman

So sometimes I like to think I'm a funny guy. Occasionally, I can crack a funny joke or two and maybe get a few people to laugh. For example:

I'm a particularly...odd Ear training and Sight Singing class. Our professor is, I'd be willing to say, mentally insane. While this may be a bit of a bold accusation, you could literally ask ANYONE ELSE in my class, and they'd say the same thing. So anyway, one of our favorite things to do in Music Theory class is vent to our prof. about how terrible our ET/SS class is, and a friend of mine said once, "oh yeah, and something like, EXTREMELY weird happened last class" and I followed it up with a, "Oh, you mean class, right?"

Haha, yeah, it's not that funny, but it got all the kinds in my class to laugh.

Anyway, really the thing I'm trying to get at here is the extent of my funniness/hilarity is smothered by the funniness of one of my very best friends, Joseph Freeman.

Joseph Freeman and I are really only "recent" friends if you will (and by recent, I mean like...3 years? Give or take) but when we met, we were friends almost instantly. I remember the first time we met, we just decided to call each other by whatever shirt we were wearing. (His first name was "Ireland" and I believe I was "Stripes") That wasn't really funny to anyone but us, but that's not really what matters, and that's what I LOVE about our friendship. It's never mattered to us what other people think about the things we say or do together and in a way, I believe that this is how our relationship with God is supposed to be like. NOthing held back, no holds bar, nothing. We should be able to act any way we need to around God and not have any care in the world about what others think about it.

Joe is probably the funniest kid I know. From his quick wit to his well thought out humor, he's always got a joke for anything and everything. What most people might miss about Joe is that he really can be serious and sentimental too, which could potentially be my favorite thing about him. We recently had a conversation about some religious philosophy (haha, yeah, I know. Trying to sound smart.) and it was INCREDIBLE to see how much he knows about all of it, and at a first impression, you may miss that about him.

He's also the best friend you really could ask for. He'll make fun of you all day (you know, kidding of course. And I make fun of him back, so it's cool.) but when you really get down to it, he'll do anything for his friends. He's picked me up from my house on numerous occasions, helped me do dumb stuff like clean my house and so many other things that would just take up space listing.

Really though, Joe, you have been such an awesome friend to me, and your humorous heart for God is something not a whole lot of people can boast about, and the good thing about you is that you don't actually boast about it. God is speaking to you and you know it. Continue to follow Him with all of yourself, and He'll be glorified through your actions. And never, ever, ever let people tell you that you joke too much or that you don't know when to stop because without people like you, this place would be a terrible place to live. You and your jokes, your love, your passion, and your heart, on many different occasions, are what keeps me going.

You know I love you bro.


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment